ASSETT, Inc. requires Junior and Staff Level software engineers to be a member of a software development team developing applications for DoD, Federal and commercial clients. The engineer will work relatively independently, and to be able to research and overcome most technical hurdles with minimal supervision. The engineer will exercise good technical judgment in selecting and implementing solutions. This position may include technical supervision of more junior engineers.
The selected candidate will apply knowledge of software engineering practices, tools, and methodologies. Specific job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop, document, and validate software solutions.
- Perform problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Follow company-standard iterative and agile development processes and procedures.
- Participate in peer code review processes.
- Perform software requirements analysis and design.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with company and project management, project team members, and customers.
- Provide and update technical documentation for all work performed.
- Maintain or improve product quality.
- Perform tasks accurately and on-time.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
Education and Experience:
BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field is required. Junior positions well-suited for entry-level to five years of experience. Staff positions well-suited for software engineers with five to ten years of experience.
- Professional development experience with either C++ or Java.
- Familiarity with both C++ and Java software development.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of complete software development lifecycle. Experience with agile development methods and unit testing.
- Initiative, innovation, and resourcefulness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with embedded systems or simulation and stimulation (sim/stim) systems preferred.
- SOA experience preferred.
- Experience with Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, or Matlab is a plus.
- Ability to obtain a US security clearance.
ASSETT, Inc. is a rapidly growing small company providing systems engineering, software development and analytical services to US Government and commercial customers. ASSETT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance policies, and a 401(k) plan with company match.