Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Software Engineer / Member of Technical Staff – networking & distributed systems startup
Menlo Park, CA (you must come in the office at least 2x per week, can telecommute on the rest of the days if that location is too far for you)
The company is in the realms of infrastructure, networking, automation, and distributed systems. The company is founded by a very well known technology veteran with a great track record of success who is a world-renowned expert in this field. The company is very well funded, has already assembled an all-star team of engineers, and is rapidly growing.
The company is offering very competitive salary, in addition to equity that they expect can be highly lucrative.
- Reviewing product requirements, and coding the software product against those requirements using a mix of C++ and Python (depending on your skills and preferences, your time spent could be anywhere from 50% to 100% C++)
- Reviewing code from other members of the technical staff,
- Ensuring that the software product operates as defined by requirements
- Enhancing the software infrastructure in Python.
- Either Expertise in C++ (best), or expertise in Python and C and willingness/ability to learn/use C++
- Experience in either networking or distributed systems, system management, or similar field.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems principles such as network virtualization, data center networking and data modeling.
Nice to have:
- Some examples of experience that is not required but would be helpful include: file systems, database kernel, database engine, linux kernel, virtualization, L2/L3, TCP/IP, networking protocols, etc.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: