RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Software Engineer in New York, New York (NY).
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global, strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they'll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you'll also gain access the best minds in the business-both as part of the client global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, JDBC, relational databases such as DB2
- Demonstrated experience working in Unix/Linux environments and with Relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Strong experience with log analysis and monitoring tools such as Splunk, DynaTrace, and Opnet, as well as with TCP Network Traffic Tools such as Wireshark
- Experience evaluating open source and vendor products and conducting hands on POCs, with system engineering, machine learning, distributed and parallel systems, data structures and algorithms, and cybersecurity, and experience implementing API gateway products like Apigee, CA-Layer 7, Mashery
- Experience building distributed systems at Internet scale, building messaging event-driven architectures, migrating applications to internal and external clouds, tuning high-volume mission critical applications
- Understanding of the Java/J2EE technology stack, web technologies
- Knowledge of queue technologies such as MQ/JMS
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, OOP & SOA principles, Enterprise design patterns, industry best practices, domain driven design, Microservices patterns and architectures, and experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka
- Expert in Big Data and design technique as well as experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems/infrastructure for large-scale programs (e.g., Expert Engineers) starting to be firm-wide resources working on projects across the client
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, resiliency, security
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.