LOCATION: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
ABOUT Float Left:
Float Left Interactive provides TV application solutions for media companies looking to expand their digital presence. We build applications on the leading Internet-connected devices, such as SmartTV’s, Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, mobile phones, tablets, and gaming consoles. We then work with our clients to help them monetize, collect and analyze critical data and make better decisions when managing their new services. We work with the biggest media brands in the world!
We are looking for a Software Engineer that will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications for Roku & Android. Your primary focus will be the development of applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design and build applications
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Provide detailed estimates of work and ensure timely delivery of features.
- Produce and ensure delivery of quality, readable, and well-tested code.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effective communication and the ability to work with a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience designing and building interactive interfaces
- Solid understanding of modern software design patterns, CS fundamentals
- Mastery of a foundational technology (i.e. web, mobile, game dev)
- Direct experience with APIs, web services, and REST
- Experience launching products and building in a team environment (source code management)
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience launching products and building in a team environment
- Attention to detail, time management, and self-planning
- The ability to learn new things, try new technology, and seek opportunities to grow and mentor.
BENEFICIAL SKILLS TO HAVE
- Brightscript/ Scenegraph
- Android mobile stack
- Performance optimization
- Git / Gitflow
- Video delivery/streaming technologies
- Built at least 1 app
- Unlimited creative freedom
- Work on application solutions servicing millions of passionate users around the world
- Work on a team with energetic, passionate people
- Unlimited potential for growth
- Flexible office hours, work from home a couple days a week
iMedia Brands dba Float Leftis an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, or other protected characteristics as defined by state, federal, or local law.
The individual in this role must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. In the event that an applicant or employee wishes to seek a reasonable accommodation, please contact iMedia’s Human Resources department for further direction.
This job description is intended to convey the general nature and scope of the position and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed, and iMedia management reserves the right to amend the duties and responsibilities of this role at any time to meet business needs.