NKI is hiring for the following position:
Software Engineer – Cryptographic Systems
Note: Applicants must have a current DoD security clearance (minimum: Secret)
The Software Engineer position involves a wide range of software design and development activities within a highly dynamic environment, supporting a variety of analytical and cryptographic programs for the US Department of Defense. Efforts will include:
• Software system architecture analysis & design
• Software development in a number of languages
• Software testing at every layer of integration
• Rapid prototyping of custom solutions
• Complete life-cycle support of deployed systems
• Requirements development in conjunction with system engineers and customers.
The ideal candidate will have the desire and ability to provide significant impact for both the evolution & enhancement of deployed systems, and the research & development for emerging solutions.
Candidate experience with the following systems & technologies is desired:
• Application layer software development for Linux/UNIX systems
• Experience with Object Oriented language (e.g., C/C++, Java, Python) design methodology and implementation
• Understanding of computer system networking & communication fundamentals
• Familiarity with Software Engineering development process methodologies and best practices
Additional preference will be given to applicants with experience in:
Sound problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment is a must.
Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline required.
This position requires the applicant to hold a current US DoD Security Clearance.
US Citizens Only
Nathan Kunes Incorporated (NKI) has been in business since 1998 and specializes in providing Software Development and System and Information Assurance engineering services to the DoD and Intelligence Agencies.
Position includes an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, bonus pool participation and educational training opportunities. NKI supports: