Miller Electric, an ITW company is looking for a highly motivated and innovative individual to join our team as a Software Engineer. This role is focused on developing software in support of Product Development. Custom embedded software is utilized to provide enhanced welding capability, user friendly machine interfaces, and extensive communication both internal to the welding system and external to customers.
This position will require an individual with a foundation of embedded software and a proven record of accomplishments working with teams as a contributor and collaborator. The right candidate will learn the Miller welding product families, become knowledgeable in key metrics of welding, and help create innovative software solutions to help satisfy Miller customers.
- Primary responsibilities include software design, development, and test.
- In addition to collaborating with other software engineers, this individual will effectively work with power electronics engineers, welding engineers, project managers, product managers and customers.
- Manage software design work through Miller processes, procedures, tool chains and qualification testing.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and project deliverables. This includes following coding standards, meeting documentation requirements and enabling unit level software testing.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Demonstrated experience in embedded software programming.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks independently to complete jobs on time with the right emphasis on priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and apply knew knowledge.
- An understanding of the source code control and design modeling tools
- Proficiency in programming applications in C or C++
- Experience in numerous embedded controls (e.g. PID control loops, motor control, digital filters, state machines, low-level peripheral drivers, etc.)
This position is located in Appleton, WI and will work at our TIG business unit. Located just north of Lake Winnebago along the shores of the Fox River in Wisconsin, Appleton is a small city with tons of great amenities and almost none of the headaches you?d find in a big city. One of the safest cities in Wisconsin, with a low cost of living and a growing entertainment and food scene, Appleton is increasingly appealing to young families and young professionals. Appleton combines access to top-tier entertainment, restaurants and breweries with the quaint charm of a small town. It?s a perfect combination that makes this Wisconsin city a fabulous place to settle down.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at www.millerwelds.com/careers
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability and need assistance applying for this job, please send an email to the following address: email@example.com.