Furniture of America E-commerce is looking for the talented Visual Basic application software engineer to work with a team that is specialized in ERP system integration with EDI and API etc. PO, SO, Invoice, Tracking, RMA, Customer Service, Accounting, Forecasting etc., are all digitalized and integrated with different software systems. You are the key person to develop the integration application between users and systems. You need to work with both sides so that not only the system is running smoothly but also users are understanding and happy with the system’s behavior and will be able to customize your program to make the biggest benefit for the company.
- Design and develop different applications that will work as integration pieces for E-commerce. Include but not limited to MAS 200 ERP, SAP ERP, MS SQL, UPS API, FedEx automation, AS2 server, VAN, Accellos A1 ship & WMS, PHP Web portal, etc.
- Working as a liaison with different service providers, consultants, and company stakeholders to collect and digest the specific needs for program design.
- Persistently improve and advance program system or integration add-ons for EDI, Shipping generation program, CRM, inventory allocation, forecasting and financial projections etc., as program requirement are constantly changed.
- Keep good documentation for program development cycle and well organized.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Technology discipline or equivalent working experience as a software engineer.
- Knowledge in the EDI and API development from vendor’s perspective, application integration of Industry standard ERP system (ex: MAS 200 and/or SAP).
- Knowledge of integration of Warehouse management system with packaging and shipping system automation (ex: UPS World ship and FedEx ship manager).
- Hands on experience with Visual Basic application programming.
- Knowledge of SQL server database systems administration, analysis and design.
- Communication with various system and service providers on troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, business communication, and writing skills.
- Passion and aptitude for technology.
- Solid technical and analytical skills, coupled with sharp business acumen.
Self-Motivated: Never hesitate on taking responsibility. Always be ready to work beyond the call of duty in order to meet goals or to solve problems, even if the job in discussion is not a regular task that you are usually assigned.
Adaptable/decisive and effective learner: Know how to adjust to new environments and be willing to learn new things and perform at their best during changes.
Team Player: you are not alone, and should never be, support and care are always here. In return, you should always do the same for your teammates.
Self-Disciplined: You are the expert of the program system that has been implemented. You should be proud of what you have accomplished but should never take advantage of your knowledge for personal use or any unethical deeds. Company has zero tolerance policy toward this.