Avineon is seeking a Software Engineer to add to our team. This individual will provide full software lifecycle development, performance, support, and maintenance of .NET web applications including front and backend work. This candidate will provide web development for applications for a federal customer servicing more than 6,000 users. The candidate will provide full stack .NET web development in a high-paced, high-demand team environment.
This role will utilize Agile methodology best practices to understand functional business requirements and processes from stakeholders and transform them with some supervision into technical application designs. This individual will work within an Agile Scrum team to understand and provide feedback on requirements, design and implement the user interface and backend functionality, apply modern web development best practices, use and/or recommend cutting-edge tools, and help increase the overall user experience of .NET applications. The candidate will interact with other teams (database, server, virtual), users, and stakeholders to ensure the applications provide the best possible solution for the customer. The candidate must also be prepared for disaster recovery
Design and implement user friendly, modern, and aesthetically pleasing web pages.
- Provide feature and functionality options using the latest technology to not only meet user and stakeholder requirements, but exceed them.
- Support Agile process adoption and utilization on teams, as well as new technology adaptation such as MVC5.
- Work as part of a team to transform complex customer requirements into working, maintainable enterprise-level solutions.
- Design, develop, implement, and/or enhance web-enabled applications using .NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C#, VB.NET, JQuery, AJAX, CSS, JQuery, HTML5, etc.
- Leverage SQL and Oracle databases to create procedures and work with DBAs as required.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Requirements Analysts, DBAs, and Test Engineers to ensure consistent quality product delivery.
- Optimize performance of web applications and create and utilize best standards.
- Customize off-the-shelf solutions to meet government customer needs and requirements.
- Create functions and libraries to be used by team of developers.
Ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience and has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Engineering or Social Science.
- Experience developing for SQL server and for SQL and Oracle databases.
- Experience with developing SQL statements interacting to databases.
- Experience developing with native CSS3 as well as CSS frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap.
- Experience developing with both HTML5 and older browsers to create highly interactive, yet backwards compatible applications.
- Experience with open-source software, preferably having written some as well.
- Passion for developing modern, usable, aesthetically pleasing web applications.
- Experience redesigning and a desire to redesign web pages using personal creativity.
- Experience developing modern web applications in a restricted environment and the ability to work through roadblocks without compromising vision.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to interact with multidisciplinary project team members and customer personnel.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Strong desire to constantly learn and stay on the cutting edge of web development to provide end users with the best tools to meet their mission goals.
Avineon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.