If you would like more information about this position, please contact Joseph Jewell at 205-623-1115 or at email@example.com
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Designs, develops, tests and performs maintenance of Infinity’s Line-of-Business Software
Applications applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and
mathematical analysis. Works closely with Software Architects in the definition of solutions.
Works independently and in teams on tactical assignments and in the development of
*1. Analyzes functional, non-functional and business requirements. Gathers and writes
requirements for business information flows.
*2. Designs and develops complex software applications and model relational databases
both independently and as part of a team.
*3. Demonstrates understanding of software applications and infrastructure architecture
through business unit production implementations.
*4. Utilizes programming & technical skills in various languages and products currently used
by the company as specified for the position including Drupal, Drupal Modules, PHP,
and markup languages such as HTML, CSS, XML, JSON.
*5. Writes unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure high application quality that
meets business requirements.
*6. Maintains an understanding of various deployment methods and tools and writes scripts
and/or procedures for efficient processes.
*7. Maintains an understanding of Infinity systems, database and networking as well as IT
assets interoperability with custom software development.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
*9. Regular predictable attendance is required.
INTERNAL : Employees at all levels in all departments.
EXTERNAL : Agents, software or hardware vendors.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area of
2. Two or more years of experience of Drupal hands-on development experience.
3. Knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts and Software Development Life Cycles.
4. Effective with modern front-end technologies and frameworks (e.g. SASS, grid systems
such as Bootstrap / Foundations, responsive design) and vector graphics editor (Adobe
5. Understands the process of new application development and has the ability to apply
these concepts with minimal mentoring and supervision.
6. Must be able to develop insurance knowledge in topics such as Policies, Agents, Claims,
Products, Marketing, Sales, Revenues and Payments.
1. Knowledge of Lean Agile approach methodology.
2. Must have the ability to learn Object Oriented Concepts and the concepts of a Software
Development Life Cycle.
3. Uses programming & technical skills in various languages and products currently used
by the company as specified for the position to develop of update programs. Utilizes
SPECIAL DEMANDS OR WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Good communication skills including presentation and written documentation.
2. Highly motivated and eager to take initiative.
3. Demonstrated success in software team and collaborative environment.
4. Highly adaptable to change and able to recommend viable solutions to problems.
5. Judgment must reflect the employee’s experience level in software development.
6. Experience in personnel management a plus.
7. Able to mentor and coach software developers and team members.
All the above accountabilities and activities indicated with an asterisk (*) are essential job
functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate
the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job
proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related
instructions as requested by their Supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.