RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Software Engineering candidate in Chicago, Illinois (IL).
Can you picture yourself working for one of -America's Ideal Employers-? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They've been named one of Fortune Magazine's -World's Most Admired Companies- of 2018 and are included in the -Top 50 Most Innovative Companies- named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well.
- College degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent is required
- 3-4 years of current hands on development and programming experience on JEE stack including Spring Framework, RESTful Web Services and various persistent technologies such as SQL and NoSQL databases are essential for this role
- 1-2 years of current understanding of high-level enterprise architecture and software design
- Expert in Java J2EE and design technique as well as experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems/infrastructure for large-scale programs (e.g., Expert Engineers) starting to be firm-wide resources working on projects across the company
- Expertise in application development, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Good understanding of financial control and budget management
- Is multi-skilled with expertise across software development lifecycle and toolset
- May be recognized as a leader in Agile and cultivating teams working in Agile frameworks
- Comfortable participating in an Agile software delivery methodology such as Scrum
- Good understanding of DevOps, automation tools such as Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Kubernetes, Docker and others to work with a variety of projects
- Hands on experience on a private cloud provider such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Public Cloud such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus for the role
- Sought out as coach for at least one technical skill
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, resiliency, security
- Message Streaming
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.