Seeking a motivated Software Engineer to be part of the RailwayNet team responsible for designing developing and testing cloud-based Positive Train Control applications. RailwayNet is our Software as a Service platform that is launching to provide PTC services to the railroad industry. The Software Engineer will lead the development integration and test of the RailwayNet Service. Our team consists of software engineers software developers communication engineers and system administrators and the software engineer will work with these teammates to complete RailwayNet integrations.
- Integrate various software applications (both in-house developed and third party) into a cloud based environment and ensure that all applications communicate with each other and with external interfaces.
- Test the RailwayNet integration to ensure that it operates as expected and support the test team during integration and functional testing.
- Develop understandings of the software applications that are part of the RailwayNet System.
- Develop software applications that improve the efficiency and capabilities of the system.
- Take all possible actions to avoid or minimize problem areas. Anticipate problems and if necessary, proactively revise project plans.
- Work with other software and system engineers to diagnose and solve issues with the system.
- Document system configurations, set-up, and instructions.
- Develop scripts and software to test the software system.
- Develop and follow system requirements so that the system meets all customer expectations.