Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer 3/4 to be located at our Amherst Systems location in Buffalo, NY. Business travel will be minimal, but may be required on occasion up to 10%.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Assurance team to support the Land & Avionics C4ISR Division, Emerging Systems and Strategic Initiatives (ESSI) BU, Amherst Systems Operating Unit.
Candidate will have complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the Software field. General knowledge of other related disciplines a plus. Candidate will have frequent inter-organizational contacts and will represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific software projects.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures.
- Conducts software inspection, testing, verification and validation to identify defects in requirements, design, and implementation. Implements software development and maintenance processes and methods. Ensures measures meet acceptable reliability standards. Performs or directs verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
- Evaluates the intermediate and final products for compliance to process and contract requirements.
- Ensures that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contract.
- Reviews software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements.
- Reviews configuration scripts, test scripts, test data, and build instructions. Evaluates software automation results
- Tracks problem resolutions to effective closure and utilizes data analytics to monitor and perform trend analysis
- Performs software configuration audits. Evaluates software vulnerability and security scan results.
This position may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4
Basic Qualifications for Level 3:
Basic Qualifications for Level 4:
Preferred Qualifications for Level 3 & Level 4:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.