We are seeking exceptional software research scientists to create cutting edge signal processing, geolocation, and communication systems solutions to challenging national security and defense problems.
You will work in a multi-disciplinary R&D environment with similarly skilled and motivated electrical engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists/engineers in a highly rewarding personal and professional environment.
Positions are available as a result of internal growth and continuing success with our customers of 30 years.
We operate on a task team basis, with each team including a technical lead and world-class technical experts.
Larger projects are composed of multiple project teams simultaneously conceiving, analyzing, designing, implementing, testing, supporting deployment and maintaining collector-focused baselines increasingly deployed on virtual machine environments.
Core responsibilities include creative problem solving, implementing advanced signal processing and geolocation algorithms in efficient software, testing with real-world data, and deploying prototypes to front-line customer facilities.
The dynamic environment and diverse projects demand flexibility to learn new technologies quickly, even outside your area of expertise.
Software developers will likely work on projects spanning geolocation, signal processing, and communications systems. In this position, you will work with a group of researchers creating state-of-the-art applications typically using the agile programming model with emphasis on parallel and distributed applications using NUMA and large memory architectures where the effects of data latency in real-time processing generally must be mitigated by the development team. Our personnel can expect to work across all functional areas: systems engineering, development, integration and test, deployment and O&M, and experience the direct mission feedback from the customer and seeing your project provide real-world contributions that make a significant difference.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science,
• Demonstrated capability in programming for engineering or scientific applications with C++, Python, or similar high-level language in UNIX/Linux environment
• Experience with multiple portions of the software life-cycle, including specification, design, development, testing, maintenance
• Ability to understand mathematics involved in engineering solutions
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Ability and interest to keep abreast of new technologies
• Ability to obtain and maintain an SCI security clearance (US citizenship required)
• Master’s or PhD in a relevant technical area
• Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams of 3 to 4
• Demonstrated applied mathematics ability
• Experience in the application, development, and testing of geolocation, signal processing, or communication systems preferably in a classified environment
• Experience in Midas software development environment
• Appropriate security background investigations current within the last 5 years
• Demonstrated proficiency in a relevant technical area listed below
Technical Interest Areas:
• Implementing Engineering Algorithms in C, C++, Python or similar high order languages
• Object-oriented software development
• RedHat Linux development and tools
• High Performance Computing including parallel and distributed computation
• GPU acceleration using CUDA
• Experience in a Virtualized Environment
• Cloud computing
• Visualization of large engineering data
• Big Data Analysis using NoSQL and similar techniques
• HTML5 for real-time GUI engineering applications