Software Support Analyst
Job Overview and Company Background:
AYA ASSOCIATES INC., a 40-year old Software Technology Company, developer of a world-class ERP Business Management and Accounting Software System installed throughout the USA, Canada, the UK and the Caribbean, is hiring a Software Support Analyst.
Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email on our Comp-U-Floor® ERP Business and Accounting Management Software,
Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions,
Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
We are looking for a competent Help desk technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on our ERP software. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking software assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on company products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Basic knowledge of SQL databases and SQL scripts
- Accounting knowledge is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of networks and VM configuration is a plus
- Associates degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant field preferred
- Basic understanding of the flooring industry is a plus