Solar Activation Specialist (Cable Technician) - Sacramento/Roseville, CA
- Job Label:
- SSEG_SAS (Sacramento, CA)-3
REPORTS TO: Solar Activations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for Cable Technician:
- Meets customer appointment commitments.
- Setup and configure wireless access points
- Configure home automation devices
- Configure solar monitoring device to internet.
- Perform all needed Cat 5/6 and coaxial cabling.
- Utilize an array of hand tools and test equipment
- Performs orientation on solar system monitoring
- Personalize home automation products to customers’ needs.
- Troubleshoot and repair all service-impacting issues.
- Collect and report customer experiences in the course of performing duties
- Recommend process and training improvements
- Maintain positive homeowner relations; provide homeowner with knowledgeable, timely and professional service.
- Work with the leadership team on special projects as needed.
- Participate and attend department meetings.
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed.
- Assist homeowners with home automation activations and questions
- Some travel may be required
Note: This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties for the associate. Management reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities set forth herein at any time. In addition to the above each employee may be required to cross train for position(s) within the division organizational structure from time to time, as required by the SVP of Operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years residential customer service
- Experience setting up wireless networks, including PoE and WAP.
- CATV knowledge
- Must have experience with PC and Apple computers
- Ethernet wiring experience is a must (Cat 5e/6, routers, switches, patch panels)
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Understanding of home automation technologies
- Experience with alarm systems or home automation setup
- Familiarity with smart phones, tables, smart TVs and other WiFi peripheral.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal effectively with confrontation situations and maintain objectivity in public relations.
- Detail oriented works well under pressure, capable of handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Valid, unrestricted Motor Vehicle License
Requires the ability to work eight hours per day in the field, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to go work in confined spaces such as attics and closets.
This is a field position which requires operating a motor vehicle. Candidate must have a good driving record.
- Manage own schedule and work a flexible schedule
- Follow directions from manager
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
- Team Player
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SunStreet Energy Group delivers state-of-the-art solar systems without the high cost of ownership to new homes. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar, one of America's leading homebuilders. SunStreet installations can be found on thousands of rooftops in more than 100 communities.
- Related Keywords:
- customer service, technology, energy, network cabling, Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook, wi-fi configuration