U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Please send resume in word format should you be interested in the following full-time, permanent position. Our client is looking for a Solutions Architect/Management Analyst with a salary between 160-180K. This position will be on-site in in Germantown, MD. If you are not interested but know of someone that may be, please pass this along.
Candidates that already possess a clearance are preferred. All candidates must be receptive to a Drug test, Background investigation and DOE security processing.
Interview Process: Phone Interview then Onsite interview
The Solutions Architect/ Mgmt. Analyst will support our client’s Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) for Architecture, Engineering, Technology & Innovation (OCIO IM-50) in its efforts to develop, document, and support both Headquarters and Enterprise Information Technology (IT) programs. This position reports to the contractor Program Manager for IM-50.
Lead Technical Architect provides architecture support for improvements and modernization of a large scale, multi-site IT operations environment. This role is critical in leading evaluations and providing actionable recommendations, both tactically and strategic, for IM-50 and the client’s enterprise. This position will assist the customer in modernizing while transitioning to a managed service support model. The Solutions Architect/ Mgmt. Analyst gathers, analyzes, translates, and composes both technical and non-technical information into clearly readable documents and design artifacts, which are used by technical and non-technical personnel. The scope and type of work products will range widely. Work products will be used at multiple levels of the organization, and many may be used by the Department's Senior Leadership to make decisions. The Solutions Architect/Mgmt. Analyst will conduct research and compile the results into useful, usually actionable, documents and presentations. The Solutions Architect/Mgmt. Analyst will work with technical team members as needed to ensure technical concepts and terminology are properly and accurately used.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Solutions Architect/Management Analyst directly supports the IM-50 Program Manager (Contractor) and the DCIO by developing program and project related documents (e.g. analysis, design documents, business cases, briefings, reports, presentations, etc.). The Solutions Architect/Business Analyst must be familiar with a variety of Information Technology concepts, practices, and procedures and have a degree of creativity and latitude in applying them. A solid understanding of the Information Technology business and technology service offerings and ability to articulate them to customers in a non-technical way is a fundamental capability. The Solutions Architect/Management Analyst performs other duties as assigned. Specifically, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Functions as a key member of a core team of evaluators and collaborators
2. Conduct interviews, meetings, and fact-finding activities to gather requirements and artifacts
3. Builds working relationships to facilitate adoption of standards, and metrics in preparing deliverables
4. Assesses current policies, procedures, and tools and develop recommendations for improvements
5. Provides recommendations to improve operational stability, enhance engineering innovation, and lead new technology infusion into the environment.
6. Develops analyses and leverages findings to offer recommendations for visibility into the enterprise, systems management, and solutions that compliment or replace existing technologies
7. Develops a roadmap for modernization strategies to intake, manage, and disseminate enterprise solutions
8. Leads the development of a plan to realize the overarching organization's strategic plan in achieving enhanced policies, procedures, and infrastructure
9. Is prepared to deliver on implementation plans and manage upgrades on recommendations
* Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
* 5 - 8+ years as a Technical and/or Solutions Architect with at least 3years in a leadership function
* Experience with infrastructure that supports an enterprise-level IT environment
* Experience with proven systems engineering life-cycle, adherence to a SELC, and production of artifacts supporting a SELC
* Experience with cloud, hybrid, and IT-as-a-Service models including implementation and migration (AWS, Azure)
* Significant Experience with Microsoft solutions including Azure, Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), Active Directory, Exchange, Skype For Business, System Center, SQL, and SharePoint.
* Experienced with leading technologies for networks, storage, systems hosting, cyber security, directory services, identity management including service authentication and access, server, desktop and application virtualization, IP convergence, systems architecture and design, as well as other pertinent technologies
* Experience in evaluating technical tools and solutions and to identify modernization opportunities within a laboratory or other simulation environment
* Demonstrated relationship management skills with the ability to build strong relationship across all levels of the organization, including the C-level senior leadership
* Ability to organize and manage to deadlines and work collaboratively and independently
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interface with organizational executives
* Adaptability, Autonomy, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Team Management, Conflict Resolution, and Decision-Making skills
* Experience with Windows, Linux and Unix environments
* Experience with a variety of technologies and vendors solutions such as Microsoft, Amazon, Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, HP, Oracle, PURE, and NetApp.
* Experience with cost benefit and business case analyses
* Familiarity with Federal policies supporting Open Government, Open Data and Digital Government