Antico Posto is seeking a Sous Chef … join our leadership team! We’re looking for a high-energy Sous Chef who is ready for the next step in their career. If you’re looking for a place to use your production and cooking skills, bring your love of Italian cuisine to Antico Posto … we’d love to hear from you. EOE. E-Verify.
- 2-3 years of Sous Chef experience in a high-volume restaurant
- Strong cooking skills and a developed palate
- Ability to work effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced kitchen
- Experienced with back of house systems including inventory
- Skilled in communicating clearly and respectfully with one’s team
Antico Posto is an intimate Italian Cafe and Wine Bar carefully tucked inside Oakbrook Center Mall. House specialties include handmade pastas, gnocchi, ravioli, hot and cold antipasti, brick oven hand-stretched pizzas and house-churned gelato. Antico Posto’s wine list includes Italian, Californian and Washington varietals, and features more than 50 wines available by the glass and bottle.
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly bonus program
- Restaurant discounts
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical/dental insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Pre-tax transit benefit (where applicable)
- Training, development & advancement opportunities
- Paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick days, parental leave
- And more
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Participate in E-Verify.
We Participate in E-Verify.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the daily operation of the kitchen and kitchen staff. Assist Executive Chef in creating and maintaining all menus and recipes used in the restaurant, and for the preparation, presentation, and service of these menu items. Work with the General Manager and Executive Chef in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales and manage costs. Also assist in hiring, supervising and developing all kitchen staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Interact with, direct and supervise BOH employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Interview, hire, train, develop and retain qualified BOH employees.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to LEYE procedures.
- Schedule, conduct and document employee performance reviews according to standard operating procedure.
- Identify, train and develop key employees for growth, advancement and promotion.
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions.
- Perform a daily “walk through” inventory to prioritize product utilization.
- Assign production duties to all kitchen staff.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering Manager.
- Complete a daily product order.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Responsible for the purchase and ordering of all food product and supplies for the restaurant.
- Track high cost items according to standing operating procedure.
- Identify and communicate production needs to Pastry Chef.
- Meet daily with appropriate Manager/Chef to coordinate and ensure production standards, determine lunch and dinner specials, employee meals, complimentary pass outs and amuses, review kitchen personnel needs and issues, etc.
- Conduct shift cook meetings.
- Become proficient in all functions of Chef, Pastry Chef, Saucier, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Coordinator and Steward functions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of recipe books prescribing ingredients, product specifications, and portion sizes, which become property of LEYE.
- Assist in the development of menus and food items.
- Prepare ingredients needed for recipes of menu items.
- Prepare food items according to prescribed recipes.
- Use equipment as prescribed in preparation of menu items.
- Maintain good quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Coordinate proper food storage according to standard operating procedure.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to management.
- Ensure BOH employees understand and adhere to sanitation/safety guidelines.
- Safely and efficiently use knives and other tools, utensils and equipment necessary to complete preparation of menu items.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper back of house operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Adhere to standing “zoning” procedures.
- Wear a hair restraint while on duty.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
GENERAL RULES Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Accessibility varies by location