Belmont Village Senior Living
Belmont Village Scottsdale is hiring an experienced Sous Chef. The dining experience at Belmont Village Senior Living is exceptional from the preparation of our made from scratch menu items to the outstanding customer service in our dining room. Our residents and their guests enjoy three freshly prepared meals daily ordered from our restaurant style menu. As the Sous Chef at Belmont Village Scottsdale, you will help make their dining experience magnificent! Dependable schedules, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonus' and career growth opportunities are just a few reasons why Belmont Village Senior Living Scottsdale is a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
- Supervises shifts food production in the absence of supervisor.
- Prepares food daily as outlined on the Food Production Worksheet from the Menu Cycle.
- Prepares meals and daily specials on designated days and shifts.
- Prepares meals and a-la-carte menu items.
- Maintains clean, orderly and safe kitchen and dining room environment.
- Prepares for food production of future meals.
- Assists with set-up, service and clean-up of meals.
- Ensures proper storage of kitchen equipment and handling of food to meet health department requirements as well as Belmont Village’s Standards of Cleanliness and Sanitation as described in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Ensures compliance with regulations.
- Monitors portion control to minimize waste.
- Ensures attractive presentation of food on the plate before serving with consistent use of plate garnishes.
- Maintains record of chargeable and non-chargeable meals.
- Follows all policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Actively supports good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
- Knows and follow established facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Maintains safe work area through good housekeeping and keeping safety equipment in good working condition.
- Actively participates in health and safety training, and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Minimum one year volume cooking experience
- Interest in working with older population
- Ability to work early morning or evening shifts
- More than one year volume cooking experience preferable of the a-la-carte or banquet nature
- Certificate in food management or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ participate in team work
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with older population
- College or technical education and/or training in Food Management or Culinary Arts