Currently, we are looking for one full-time and one part-time sous chef (hourly positions) within our dietary department. A Sunday through Thursday 11AM-7PM, as well as a weekends only sous chef are what's currently needed. This individual would report to the Executive Chef and they must have flexible availability.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Experienced cook with at least 5 years experience
- Kosher experience a plus
- "ServSafe" certification required by State of RI Office of Food Protection.
- Pass the National Criminal Background Check with no disqualifying information
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Efficiently prepares high quality food items
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures
- Ensures all food handling, sanitation and customer service standards are met
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils
- Cleans work station thoroughly before leaving the area
The Phyllis Siperstein Tamarisk Assisted Living Residence is a small, tightly knit community conveniently located in the heart of Warwick, minutes from the Warwick Mall. We are licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Health for 81 total residents within our traditional assisted living and memory support program which we call, "Renaissance." One of our major goals is to employ with care, making sure all new hires are treated with the same dignity and respect as our residents. If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team. At Tamarisk, our operating philosophy is centered on the three essential factors: great food, great service and great people.
Tamarisk Assisted Living Residence is an Equal Opportunity Employer that pledges to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.