Welcome to Country View Family Farms! We’re a progressive family owned company with deep roots in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Headquartered in Pennsylvania, we have operations in PA, IN, and MI. Known for being industry leaders in our practices and animal care, we live by our core values of ethics, integrity and stewardship.
“Be Me Be Clemens”
Country View Family Farms is a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group. Come grow with us as we continue to vastly expand our swine operations. Join a team of individuals passionate about agriculture.
We’re Hiring an Assistant Sow Farm Manager for our New Hope Farm in Concord, Pa. In this role you will be the location manager overseeing production of a 5,000 sow unit and leading up to 21 employees. Enjoy our progressive operation including electronic sow feeding (ESF), top-notch biosecurity practices, open pen gestation, along with half our herd being antibiotic free. You will report to the Barn Manager and will be a hands-on manager overseeing operations including employee management, performance management, compliance and safety. You will lead with a focus on efficiency, maximizing capacity and developing the team.
We Offer a competitive salary and bonus system based on performance, along with a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, prescription coverage, long and short-term disability, life insurance as well as paid time off and educational assistance. In addition, we offer a generous Sharing Plan, which includes a 401k with company match, and profit sharing.
What You Would Be Doing
- Manage all aspects of the performance of the team including defining target, coaching, training and development, and scheduling.
- Work closely with HR and Barn Manager on determining hiring needs and conduct on-site interviews.
- Facilitate weekly farm meetings to engage team members.
- Work with Nursery Service Manager on health and numbers; communicate health challenges
- Execute animal care plans including vaccination and med plan
- Execute continuous improvement plans
- Monitor budgets and targets
- Execute biosecurity program, animal welfare program and production policies
- Ensure all team members are PQA trained
- Participate in monthly regional farm meetings and quarterly whole system meetings
- Assist in developing and setting farm budgets and targets
- Develop a yearly business plan with Sow Service and update quarterly
This Role is for You if:
- You have prior livestock management; prior swine management preferred, but open to other livestock backgrounds such as dairy, heifer management and/or poultry.
- You have an Associate's degree (A.A.) in Animal Sciences, Agribusiness, Livestock Production or equivalent from two-year college or a degree from an accredited technical school; or a minimum of five years related experiences and/or training.
- You are passionate about teaching and leading the team to meet goals in efficiency while maintaining our ethics, integrity and stewardship.
- You are naturally analytical and can understand what the numbers are telling you. Be able to solve problems in the moment and make adjustments for future improvements.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can physically be standing on your feet a majority of the day with the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- You are able to tolerate a barn environment, which may include animal dander, manure, dust, blood, odors and frequently noisy conditions.
- You are committed to meeting and exceeding industry standards in care and welfare of our animals.