Amyx is seeking to hire a Special Access Program (SAP) Security Support Officer (SSO) to be located in Hampton VA; The SSO’s primary function is to advise and assist the ACC Campus Government SAP Security Officer (GSSO) providing multi-discipline security support for one or more of the customer’s Special Access Programs (SAPs). The position will provide “day-to-day” multidiscipline analysis for SAP activities to include but not limited to classified collateral and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) data management in conjunction with those SAP activities. The Contractor shall: Ensure strict adherence to the provisions of the Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG) DoDM 5205.7 Volumes 1- 4 AF Implementation SAP Guidance and other Joint SAP policy. Assist GSSO with screening personnel for SAP access eligibility.
Resposibilities and Duties:
- Assist GSSO with updating applicable automated SAP database and review monthly.
- Execute approved policies and procedures for safeguarding SAPs SCI and classified collateral data in support of U.S. military operations.
- Provide day-to-day security support that includes continuous assessment of procedures to identify shortfalls and provide appropriate recommendations for revising and improving security policies procedures and systems.
- Identify vulnerabilities threats and risks to operational activities.
- Assist GSSO with performing accreditation of Ryan Center room C105 and 106.
- Assist GSSO in providing subordinate facility assistance and oversight for Ryan Center room C106.
- Brief all levels of the command structure O-6 and up on a variety of security-related topics.
- Assist GSSO by conducting and documenting SAP security Self-Inspections at least once per year as a minimum IAW JAFAN 6/9 follow-up on facility reviews and close-outs.
- Monitor report and track all corrective actions resulting from compliance reviews.
- Ensure timely notification of pertinent security matters to program technical and management staff.
- Assist ACC Campus GSSO with investigation of any loss compromise or suspected compromise of classified and/or sensitive information.
- If appointed conduct preliminary inquiries and generating damage assessments resulting from the loss of classified information.
- Coordinate with ACC Campus GSSO to ensure lessons learned are incorporated into the curriculum for the SAP security education & awareness program.
- Assist GSSO with writing comprehensive standard operating procedures (SOP) for Ryan center room C106.
- Four years previous GSSO or SSO experience required Bachelor degree in a relevant field desired.
- Five years of experience performing similar security related duties within the DoD.
- Must have active TS/SCI
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DoD Joint AF and other guiding policy documents
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word PowerPoint and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality creativity initiative requiring minimal supervision
CLICK HERE TO APPLY