This individual coordinates and supervises departmental moves, which include interacting with supervisory personnel and staff, providing moving materials, and arranging for moving services. Dispatches and monitors facilities service requests and perform hands-on tasks. Responsibilities also include daily interaction with outside contractors in assuring service and/or products are provided per the necessary agreement. Responsible for carrying out of a planned preventative maintenance program and the care and maintenance of the buildings and grounds. Responds to general maintenance requests and emergency orders. Responsible for maintaining the grounds in an attractive manner at all times. Perform minor plumbing duties, faucet repair, shower valves, toilets, etc. Repair drywall, paint, and perform minor electrical repairs. May need to climb latter, change lights, clean light fixtures. Perform daily mechanical and housekeeping inspections. Occasional travel to the satellite offices will be required. Perform other duties as assigned.
AAS Degree; or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and landscaping.
• Some knowledge in the areas of heating, air conditioning, and electronics.
• Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties of this position is required including lifting/carrying a minimum of 60-70 pounds, climbing scaffolds and ladders.
• Maintain a valid drivers license
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong word processing and computer skills.