Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 68382BR Date posted 06/27/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If you aspire to work in a vibrant environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
We have a rare opportunity for a talented U.S. Compensation Specialist to be based in E. Hartford, CT and join our Total Rewards department. You will report to the Manager, Total Rewards and will be responsible for providing consultative compensation services to assigned organizations (i.e. Operations, PWC- U.S., etc.) within our company.
The Compensation Specialist will deliver and handle Total Rewards programs to ensure consistency, compliance and alignment with the Total Rewards philosophy of Pratt & Whitney and United Technologies Corporation (UTC). You will address questions from HR business partners and support the delivery of total reward programs effectively, efficiently, and within budget. You may partner with external vendors and will work in collaboration with the Total Rewards organization for UTC. Other responsibilities include: -Actively participate in administration and data analysis of annual salaried merit programs, conducting high-reaching market analysis, compression or internal equity analysis, and review off-cycle market adjustments, promotions and new hire offers -Actively participate in development, administration, and communication of variable incentive pay programs -Collaborate with business leaders, Finance and Human Resource partners on relevant compensation issues, education around compensation pay philosophy, pay practices and transparency to better execute UTC's and P&W's business strategies -Participate and/or lead other Total Rewards projects such as domestic area allowance, union negotiations, ad-hoc market surveys, voluntary/involuntary restructuring. Role may support U.S. merger and acquisition activity related to Total Rewards.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree with at least 5 years of experience in a compensation, finance, statistics, or math role or Master's Degree with 3+ years of experience in a compensation,finance, statistics, or math role
- US Person (Citizen or Permanent Greed Card holder) due to program requirements
- Master's Degree
- Technical knowledge of U.S. compensation practices and trends, merit, and data analysis
- Solid analytical skills and ability to critically review, summarize, and report findings Solid technical skills, ability to streamline processes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge & Access database management system
- Previous experience with Workday software system
- Initiative, creativity, along with the ability to craft clear communications both written and verbally
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Multi-tasking abilities, have a client focus, adaptive, and work effectively in a time sensitive and vibrant environment
Education: Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Mathematics, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree and minimum of 3 years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.