Students will get a hands-on experience at the corporate retail level in the home furnishings industry. Interns will assist the Buyers and Product Developers in everyday tasks as well as long term projects in effort to increase sales and profit margin. Interns get exposure to the product life cycle from conception to store floor. Interns are given an independent project at the beginning of the semester to be worked on throughout and presented to a large group their last week, including executives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the collection and distribution of product information
- Maintain and enter purchase order.
- Manage purchase order ETA’s.
- Assist in the collection and supply of sales aids to all retail locations.
- Assist Buyers in determining sales trends and stock level requirements.
- Work on new product development and potential product lines.
- Assist with new store opening materials.
- Learn daily processes of buying department.
Available internship hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Interns typically work 20 hours per week (dependent on course requirements). Individual intern schedules are flexible. Interns can receive course credit through an accredited program and are paid Ohio minimum wage.