The Senior Staff Accountant reports directly to the Controller and assists the Assistant Controller in the day to day operations of the Accounting Department. A collaborative relationship with other accounting staff is maintained. Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative in compliance with hospital policies & procedures.
Prepares monthly Medicare exhibits according to HCA reimbursements process and coordinates with reimbursement analyst to calculate contractual allowances.
- Prepares many recording, recurring, reclassifying and accrual journal entries monthly to accurately record financial transactions.
- Assists facilitating the Chargemaster process. Provides support to the departments when charging issues are discovered.
- Assists with activating, modifying, and inactivating all Chargemaster requests.
- Updates and maintains cost report factor changes as communicated by the reimbursement department.
- Assists with preparation of annual cost report work papers for both Medicare and Medical.
- Reconciles various Asset and Liability accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparing monthly contractual allowance accruals and exhibits.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing.
- Assist with the annual preparation of the hospital operating budget.
- Assist CFO in the detailed review of the hospital’s Net Rev