Sr Accountant (Corporate accounting governance)
Job Location: Wilmington, DE 19805
Job Duration: ASAP - 04/08/2019
Hours: 8am to 5pm Mon-Fri
Local candidates only
- Maintains general ledgers and performs the complete accounting cycle in compliance with established practices and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provides accounting and financial reporting guidance to support business, functional and corporate needs.
- Analyzes, classifies, and reviews complex accounting transactions and interrelationships.
- Prepares interpretation of accounting results and advises management.
- Identifies complex accounting problems, researches solutions, and corrects problem.
- Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles.
- Ensures internal controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance to Company standards and government regulations.
- Initiates and leads special projects, etc. for process improvements.
- This position will be a member of the Corporate accounting governance team which is responsible for overall governance of key financial data.
- It will also have certain roles within the Global Business Reporting team which is responsible for the testing of the management reporting and allocation system (GCAP) which provides global financial data.
- This position will mainly support the testing of our new GCAP clones that support our spins but may also be involved in certain initiatives related to day to day activities of the Global Business Reporting Team.
- Provide testing of the key month end processes related to the GCAP and friends applications as required for the 3 test environments for GCAP.
- Support the security and audit documentation for GCAP and friends applications as required for back-up.
- Support the Coordination and execution of annual application security control reviews as back-up as required.
- The position requires an experienced professional finance accountant and change agent the ability to be a self-starter and a team player.
- Contractor will have the following qualifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Desktop software skills, particularly knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. (SharePoint, and SAP, a plus)
- Basic knowledge of internal control processes
- Candidates should have the ability to apply accounting principles to practical applications, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and demonstrate effective planning and organizing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams will allow the candidate to perform efficiently in this position.
NextGen Information Services is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.