Watkins Wellness, established in 1977 in Vista, Calif., is dedicated to promoting wellness to consumers who live active lifestyles and are health conscious. The company manufactures the Endless Pools® line of aquatic fitness products, and is also the world's largest manufacturer of hot tubs, including Hot Spring® Spas, Hot Spot® Spas, Caldera® Spas, and the American Hydrotherapy Systems spa brands. The Watkins Wellness dealer network extends into all 50 states and more than 70 countries. Watkins Wellness is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS), a Fortune 500 company whose products include Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets and Milgard® windows and doors. For more information about us, please visit our website at www.watkinsmfg.com .
We are hiring a Sr. Accounts Payable Representative to join our Accounting team in Vista, CA!
IN A NUTSHELL
Are you a full-cycle Accounts Payable Representative who looks for new ways to improve processes? We are seeking a Sr. Accounts Payable Representative who will be responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records while working in close partnership with intercompany departments and established vendors. In this role, you will ensure timely invoice payment, optimize opportunities for discounts and maintain good standing relationship with all vendors.
IS THIS YOU?
- Do you enjoy supporting business goals? This position is mainly responsible for recording amounts due, verification of invoices and maximizing use of vendor discounts. The Sr. Accounts Payable Representative will accomplish various department goals through continuous improvement recommendations and implementation when appropriate.
- Can you produce quality work efficiently? You will ensure expense coding, voucher preparation, and vendor payments are completed accurately and on time.
- Are you a problem-solver? On occasion, you will further explore issues related to receiving discrepancies, purchase price variances and any other issues related to vendor account analysis. You will at times need to decipher where to locate missing or non-apparent information for purposes of reconciling invoice differences to avoid any additional delays.
- Are you a strong communicator? As a representative of the company, you’ll assure vendor aging, goods received but not invoiced, and purchase order returns are resolved in a timely manner. You will also reconcile vendor accounts and answer general vendor inquiries.
- Do you have experience with audits? This position requires a basic understanding and thoroughness to comply with internal control procedures. At times, you may also assist with both internal and external audits.
- Do you like working with numbers? You will assist with month-end close by assuring all vouchers are posted or accrued as required. This may also include inputting journal entries or supporting in other ways as determined by management.
- Do you welcome newer technology? You’ll utilize Accounts Payable sites often and, when applicable, train others to better function and navigate within each.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Associates degree (A. A.) with an emphasis in Accounting or Business is required. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience, similar in scope to the responsibilities outlined above, is required. Experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment is a plus.
- The individual must be able to interface with co-workers, internal departments, service providers, and vendors/customers in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Proficient user in MS Office suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Must be familiar with accounting software programs and remote access of Software as a Service (SaaS) programs.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (e.g. Navision).
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software and Accounts Receivable experience are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization as well as strong ability to work in a team environment, are required to be successful in this position.
We look for candidates that exhibit The Watkins Way (always Ethical, endeavors to be Transparent, embraces Inclusion, welcomes Diverse backgrounds and perspectives, Accommodating, believes in Work-Life Balance, puts Safety First, Accountable, values Relationships, Passionate, Team Player, and Goal Driven.)
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Watkins Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer.