Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the ServiceNow operations team.
- Act as a SME for ServiceNow best practices.
- Assist with strategic alignment with Service Tower owner and Enterprise Architect including Roadmap
- Act as a SME for all functional and technical pieces of ServiceNow.
- Own ServiceNow Tier 4 enhancement governance
- Identify tool impacts based on ServiceNow modifications.
- Provide guidance with IT for IT Manager regarding expansion of toolset outside IT
- Establish regular cadence with CMDB and other ITSM process owners to provide guidance regarding use of ServiceNow within IT function
- Interface with key stakeholders of the ITSM platform.
- Provide ideas for improvement opportunities for ServiceNow, manage implementation of those improvements and control activities associated.
- Provide a focus on SLA management and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure ServiceNow operational tasks and incidents are completed in a timely manner.
- Occasional travel for training or project related work Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Standard 8 AM to 5 PM with expected involvement with afterhours issues such as Rapid Response situations
- B. S. Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-10 years with a focus on process work
- Strong Technical background and skills
- Strong capability to analyze data and draw conclusions
- Working and implementation expertise associated with ITIL foundation
- ServiceNow experience and associated modules, such as Demand Planning and PPM
- Knowledge of Service Level Agreements and Bill of IT terminology (Apptio)
- Strong ability to interface with multiple vendors/providers
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong managerial skills and experience
- Experience with integrations
- Database knowledge
- Team player
- Ability to work with others
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.