Reporting to the Delivery Manager of Commercial Integration, the Back-End Web Developer is responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server(s) and the front-end UI. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the UI central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A good understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Implementation of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in .NET solution-based implementations and web application development using Microsoft web stack and/or AWS. Proficiency with C#/VB, ASP.Net (Web Forms and MVC), LINQ, Data Entity Framework, JSON and XML, creation and consumption of SOAP and RESTful services using Visual Studio and C#, Web Services/Cloud Technologies such as AWS, Object-Oriented Analysis Methods and Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in SQL Server 20XX including data modelling skills. Proficiency in SQL Server development, query optimization, parameterized queries, T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, and trigger management.
- Comprehensive understanding of AD/ADFS and IIS.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as SASS and LESS.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification
- Computer Science - BS, MS, PhD or equivalent.