Local F500 company is looking for an experienced Sr. Business Analyst for a long term contract opportunity. In this role, you will be responsible for leading initiatives and providing consultation to the internal and/or external customer. You must possess expertise in the customer area he/she supports and has technical understanding of the business unit’s systems, capabilities, and respective technologies. You will also analyze customer processes and requirements while preparing specified project documentation. You will also need to maintain communication with customer and team members and promote a team environment.
- Lead, gather, develop, coordinate, and maintain business requirements for various projects and/or systems from initial phase to final implementation, assuring requirements meet standards.
- Interact with users, other portfolios, and vendors for full life cycle of project.
- Troubleshoot, coordinate, and maintain production systems / programs / applications, as needed.
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Assist in maintenance and communication of project status reports and tracking.
- Provide user support and coordinate resolution of issues to include change management, root cause analysis, and appropriate escalation as needed.
- Develop use cases and functional specifications and coordinate the capture of process models and functional testing, ensuring system is functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Develop and manage user acceptance criteria.
- Coordinate the process to analyze, evaluate, implement, and maintain systems developed internally and/or externally with an outside vendor.
- Assist in the development of project definitions, cost / benefit and risk analysis, work plans, progress reports, and presentations.
- Transition product support to systems operations.
- Assist in establishing end user training.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration with two (2) to five (5) years of IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- The ideal candidate has the above with three (3) to five (5) years project coordination and previous airline business experience.
- Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
- Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical / functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal / external customers, gets customer information and uses it for improvements, acts with the customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
- Partners with the Business - Acts as valued partner to the business, develops relationships with the customer, deals honestly and effectively with business partners, is seen in a positive light by the business / customer.
- Patience - Involves listening and checking before acting. Is tolerant with people and processes, tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting, sensitive to due process and proper approaches.
- Task Management - Delivers quality work on time, translates planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies, proactively monitors and controls task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers, appropriately communicates and resolves or escalates any problems that arise.