• Identify, lead, and deliver efforts to build reports, visualizations, and dashboards using BI tools and practices, with solution designs that leverage statistical approaches, machine learning, and related disciplines through the use of industry standard tools, libraries, and approaches.
• Engage with stakeholders across the organization to align priorities, communicate solution design tradeoffs and recommendations, and build and execute development plans.
• Design user interfaces, tool screens, and end user workflows to maximize understandability of information, ease of use, and alignment with the company's aesthetic and usability standards.
• Continuously improve technical design patterns, workflows, and tools-defining and enforcing standards when necessary to sustain the platform's effectiveness and sustainable, and experimenting with and promoting adoption of new tools and approaches when appropriate.
• Mentor other team members and partners on technical skills, best practices, problem solving approaches, and standard patterns used at the company for both formally in structured group settings and informally in one-on-one and small group sessions.
• Proactively generalize and share technical approaches and best practices among other developers, and simplify and communicate success stories to broader audiences across the company.
• Support end users to ensure they have reliable access to and understanding of data they need to trust to do their jobs effectively.
• Ability to lead the overall delivery plan and execution across supporting team members for assigned project work; daily meetings within immediate work group and proactively communicate status and progress of project work and when necessary, mentor and coach teammates in business and technical knowledge
• Experienced in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), BI Tools (MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.), programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, etc.), statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, Weka, SAS, Matlab)
• Ability to use best practices and principles in SQL, query design, data validation/automation, analytic functions and understand differences between various database architectures and implementations, such as Netezza, Oracle, Postgres, Teradata, DB2, SQL server, and/or MS Access.
• Experience with machine learning, such as k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods and their corresponding implementation packages in R (Caret, RandomForest, Rweka, etc.), Python (SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow, Keras, NLTK, etc.)
• Solid understanding of Data Warehouse concepts including patterns for time variance and generic vs. explicit data structures, standards-based approaches for object names and data types, and using logical data models to document and explain business objectives
• Experience in dealing with both structured and unstructured data, and Hadoop or similar technologies to recognize patterns within data and generate insights and deliver value to the organization
• Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - geospatial data, GIS analysis and workflow, and cartographic and graphic design principles.
• Familiarity with streaming analytics using tools such as Spark, Kafka, Storm, etc. and cloud services like AWS, Azure cloud, etc.
• Minimum Required Education: Bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, or related.
• Minimum Required Experience: 5 years experience in business intelligence and data analytics, delivering business solutions that rely on effective availability, usability, and an understanding of data and analytical workflows.
• Desirable Education/Experience: MBA or Master's degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, or related. 5-7 years of hands on experience delivering business intelligence and data analytics solutions that involve statistical modeling or machine learning, the use of associated R/Python libraries and tooling, and which emphasize effective design and usability for end users.