One of our Premier clients in Orlando is looking for a Sr. Business Systems Analyst.
A Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) takes on complex, high profiled projects, can tackle projects across multiple domains and handle new business domains with the same level of confidence as familiar ones. The Senior Business Systems Analyst understands business processes and best practices for conducting requirement gathering. In addition to performing business analyst activities, the Senior Business Systems Analyst, may coordinate and oversee the work of other BSAs as it relates to a specific project. A Senior Business Systems Analyst may also offer technology and process consulting services to a line of business. They are responsible to maintain a deep awareness of how a business unit operates and for helping stakeholders explore technology possibilities to more effectively execute on their roles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as an advocate for the business unit(s) (30 % time)
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Identify and lead IT projects on the business units’ behalf
- Analyze operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses
- Identify opportunities for automating processes and functions
- Negotiates agreements and commitments between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation
- Perform as a liaison between IT and business unit(s) (50 % time)
- Educate the IT organization on the direction of the business
- Develop and document strategy for delivering business units’ initiatives
- Identify and document appropriate level of requirements documentation needed
- Assist in any business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology and for enhanced technical solutions
- Collect and review requirements through the appropriate method for the initiative (e.g. interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, business and workflow analysis).
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization
- Ensure all appropriate parties are engaged in the project
- Designs the user interface (layout) for web applications; at a minimum, creates and/or proposes sketches for wireframes
- Writes front-end UI specifications for completed/approved mockups/creative wires
- Work with PMO and IT to manage change across all requirement deliverables (5% time)
- Support all downstream consumers of requirements to ensure understanding and ability to execute against the requirements delivered (10% time)
- Performs other duties as needed (5% time)