SR CLOUD SYSTEMS ENGINEER - CONTRACT TO PERM - APEX, NC
Sr Cloud Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
* Analytical-the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
* Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
* Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
* Delegation-the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
* Management skills-the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
* Quality management-the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Sr Cloud Systems Engineer Requirements:
* Design and build Cloud environments to meet both performance and cost requirements.
* Work with a team of engineers to develop and maintain corporate, multi-region, private cloud infrastructure running in Azure.
* Ability to build, administer, and manage automated systems in Azure.
* Monitor the operation of applications and infrastructure hosted within Azure.
* Strong knowledge of virtualization including Hyper-V, VMware, and Azure.
* Strong knowledge of migrating Hyper-V VMs and VMware VMs from on-premise to Azure.
* Strong knowledge of and experience with VMware 5.5 and 6.0 Administration / Configuration / Design / Support.
* Experience with Microsoft OS implementation / configuration / image creation for VM implementations.
* Deploy Windows/VMware patches, hot fixes as needed.
* Strong understanding of storage architectures.
* Experience with storage administration (DAS / NAS / SAN) as well as connectivity (FC / FCOE / iSCSI / NFS) is required.
* NetApp storage experience is a plus.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.