Sr. Consultant- Pittsford, NY
*US Citizens or GC Holders only
Location- Upstate New York (Candidate can reside anywhere within a commutable distance to sales territory)
Are you up to the challenge? We engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for designing and implementing single- or multi-vendor IT Data Center Solutions. You will have the opportunity to work within an industry-leading account team to understand our clients’ needs and craft sustainable IT roadmaps to get them there. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem. From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
- Support a regional sales team with attending sales calls, consulting with customers to determine their specific technology needs and provide design consulting services to address the defined business requirements.
- Perform pre and post sales functions to consult, design and implement technology solutions for a number of different manufacturer’s solutions Cisco, Meraki, Palo Alto Networks, F5 and Juniper.
- Act as a pre-sales subject matter expert of networking solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, wireless networks and other network hardware appliances.
- Act as a post-sales implementation of networking solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, wireless networks and other network and security technologies.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades of installed networking equipment.
- Conduct technical research on network products and perform proof of concept against technology requirements.
- Provide technical mentoring to other team members as needed
- Excellent customer service skills on phone and in person
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, switches, routers, firewalls, VPN technologies
- Strong knowledge with Cisco Data Center products including Nexus product line
- Experience with networking security design and routing/ switch and firewall implementation
- Must be fully knowledgeable and able to design and plan, implement and support IT solutions using three or more of the following technologies:
- Storage Area Networks (SAN)
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of hands on experience in IT. Experience implementing Cisco Network Infrastructures
- A candidate who has current industry-recognized certifications is preferred: Cisco CCNP Routing/Switching, Security, CCIE, Palo Alto Networks, etc