Provides cost analysts to Company management and the plant E&O committee. Responsible for developing NGS operating, maintenance & capital budgets, reporting cost performance and analyzing variances. Monitors cost accounting system integrity. Performs capital project economic evaluations. Uses computer programs extensively. Communicates and coordinates with participant owners and various other Company groups. Subject to limited direction.
- Develop and coordinate annual plant budgets, including the orating and maintenance capital, t/o, participant share and Company FINPLAN budgets.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing with Company management, peers, and the E&Q committee on cost and budget items.
- Research alternative, perform present values analysis, recommend economic strategies for plant ops, maintenance, replacement, and capital improvements.
- Control plant cost accounting systems job orders, work orders, and data integrity, ensuring that collected costs provide optimal management info.
- Report actual cost vs. budget performance to various levels of management and plant E&O committee periodically and on request.
- Analyze budget variances, explain causes and recommend corrective action to management from the foreman level to the plant E&O committee level.
- Conceive, develop and maintain computer systems to gather, analyze, summarize and report financial data.
- Monitor contractor cost performance while work is in progress.
- Analyze and project cash flows and bank balances; request participant billings to achieve min cash balance targets.
- Perform special financial and/or operational audits for plant management or in conjunction with Company internal audit as directed.
|Proficiency in standard computer software (Excel or Access, VB, SQL Queries, .Net) |
Cognos would be a plus.
Min experience: 2 years professional level experience
Knowledge of construction management a plus. Prefer some experience in business analyst position or related technical field.
|Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related fields|
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com