The Senior Data Quality Analyst is a member of the Global Supply Chain Planning team and is responsible for ensuring that the data used to develop forecasts and replenishment plans is accurate and complete. This role is responsible for ensuring that the transactional data used by the global planning system remains free of issues and errors and for maintaining master data to reflect changes to the product portfolio and distribution network.
This role is effective through leading implementation of best practice in toolsets recommended by and to our business for the effective automation and management of large, complex and moderate to high risk data sets for the Global Supply Chain.
% of Position
Co-ordinate and complete data maintenance requests within agreed SLA’s, recommending and implementing best practice improvements to environment to constantly reduce cycle times and touch times and develop automation.
Recommend, Implement and Monitor data quality scorecards. Drive rapid identification and isolation of problems and work with operations to resolve them through changes in business processes and practices, using enterprise level solution approaches.
Identify gaps in policies, processes and procedures leading to incorrect data and propose implement approved solutions
Maintain Network Control Data (NCD) to reflect changes in the distribution network and systems landscape
Lead and patricipate in data synchronization and harmonization efforts and process improvement projects
Collaborate with Global Master Data organization to ensure integrity in the material masters
Create and maintain training materials; Standard Operating Procedures and Data Dictionary; provide training and education on data quality to Operations globally and locally.
Develop the Data Quality Analyst and other Analytical Analysts within the GSCO with the deeper domain knowledge and experience of supporting the business
Bachelors degree or equivalent in Supply Chain or a related discipline
APICS certification preferred
Familiarity with transactional systems including SAP, AXAPTA (MS Dynamics), and others.
- Advanced analytical skills with the proven ability to architect data constrcuts from multiple environmenhs.
- Advanced customer service skills, proactive, demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, self-confidence, negotiation ability for win-win solutions.
- Able to deploy advanced and leading edge practices in Excel, SQL, Tableau, and related tools to analyze large data sets
- Excellent understanding of data management principles, tools and best practices within Smith and Nephew.
- Able to communicate and educate others in complex data concepts and issues clearly to all levels of the organization.
- Able to build strong and effective relationships with others across the business often needing to negotiate with others to build a different point of view in order to create a catalyst for change to existing business processes.
- Able to create and lead projects to solve complex supply chain data quality problems, applying expertise in business intelligence and data solutions to drive best practices and innovative solutions and analytical views.
- Self-starter with ability to lead teams of people through complex master data projects to reflect network changes over the globe, which contain high degree of risk and moderate complexity and with potential to impact global supply if incorrectly managed.
No direct reports; however will recommend best practice in subject matter expertise area and build ongoing development plans for technical capability in new toolsets for Data Quality Analyst(s) expected.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job: Administrative