This position is responsible for the overall design, implementation, operation, and support of the enterprise-wide desktop services. Duties include the administration of desktop hardware, software applications, and printer services; the management and coordination of moves, adds, and changes (MACs); the management and coordination of break/fix services for desktop, laptop, mobile devices, PDA, and printers; the design and development of software distribution application packages and scripts; the maintenance and advancement of desktop management services, including remote control, software distribution, asset management, and virus protection services; and the establishment of a standards-based desktop hardware architecture and application portfolio. The Senior Back Office Engineer encourages productivity standards and assists analysts and engineers with technical assistance.MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ongoing maintenance and advancement of the desktop services architecture and hardware environment through effective engineering and implementation of solutions which support the user and application needs of the organization. In this capacity, the Senior Desktop Engineer is fully responsible for the planning, design, implementation, and ongoing operational efforts of the desktop application portfolio, access device hardware, desktop management tools and capabilities, printer services, MACs, Break / Fix, application package scripting, asset management, virus protection services, and annual deployment efforts.
- The Senior Desktop Engineer has the ability to schedule, plan, and coordinate MACS with department heads. They create assignments for the analysts and engineers as deemed appropriate.
- The Senior Desktop Engineer will also research and analyze new software upgrades.
- The Senior Desktop Engineer controls the ticket queue and delegates tickets based on workload resources, volume and competency.
- Plan, Design, and Implement the migration efforts from Windows 2000 to Windows XP with a strategic utilization of Active Directory Services and Microsoft Group Policy. This includes the development of an Active Directory Services strategy to support standard-based directory services, a single sign-on solution, comprehensive security and virus protection capabilities, and a robust messaging infrastructure.
- Administer and maintain the Client / Compaq desktop environment to support application processing requirements. This includes the planning and implementation of an annual desktop refresh program, image management, and application standardization and scripting.
- Assume responsibility for operational support, MACs, and break / fix issues as triaged by the helpdesk. The Senior Desktop Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and advancing the desktop management solution to include asset management, remote control, and software distribution, and virus protection.
- Assume responsibility for desktop related project efforts by coordinating with IS and other departments as necessary to ensure proper communication and execution. This includes design and architecture definition as appropriate, project planning, change management coordination, vendor integration and coordination, user / department communication / notification, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years hands on equivalent experience with at least 5 years experience in desktop services architecture and administration.
- A+ Certification, Microsoft Certification is required.
- Network and/ or Security Certification is highly preferred.
- Has demonstrated the ability to lead and supervise analysts and engineers on projects.
- Demonstrable experience in Microsoft 2000 & XP, Active Directory Services, Exchange 2000, MS Office suite, McAfee virus protection, ePolicy virus administration, Client desktop / laptop / printer hardware architecture. Microsoft certification is preferred.