Sr. Development Engineer
Location: Simi Valley, CA area (light travel to San Francisco Bay Area)
Duration: Direct Hire
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Must be able to work onsite in Simi Valley, CA area.
The Sr. Development Engineer is the Technical Lead on internal and external projects, and is responsible for all technical and schedule aspects of the project/product from concept from the Bid & Proposal phase through Development and Qualification. Coordinate with other departments to ensure the production viability of new designs, creation of the required documentation, and internal and customer approval for this documentation. Responsibilities include:
- Development and maintenance of the technical data package, and product testing requirements and methods.
- Technical compliance, risk assessment, verification
- Requirements generation and flow down
- Design Verification and Qualification test management
- Coordination of project team technical tasks
- Cost estimating (BOE)
- 5+ years of project, design or related Engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical design, problem solving/root cause analysis, technical writing, leadership of technical teams, project cost estimating, and project management.
- Ability to interpret and analyze Mechanical, and/or Electrical specifications and data.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and at all levels within the company, and have good writing skills.
- BS in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is required.