Executing Environmental and Safety in the Plant
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental compliance law and industrial hygiene
- Ability to identify critical process and system needs and then implement appropriate action plans on a department or site-wide basis.
- Understanding of Title V air permits and associated monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting
- Ability to establish agreement and consensus with management
- Knowledge of Storm Water permitting and management of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans.
- Ability to effectively engage primary employees in both, union or non-union environment is critical
- Ability to promote a team environment and must be able to initiate, lead and drive cross-functional team projects to successful completion
- Working knowledge of RCRA rules and the responsible management of Waste materials.
- Understanding of EPCRA/SARA recordkeeping and reporting
- Adept in developing and delivering environmental and safety training
- Ability to integrate resources across the organization
- Working knowledge of SPCC rules and requirements around bulk petroleum products
- Highly ethical: Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, shareholders and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
- Results-oriented: Energetic, resourceful, with a strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with the status quo, continually striving for excellence.
- Assist the Environmental, Health and Safety Leader with accident reporting, man-hour tracking, and other reporting and data analysis through the Med-gate system.
- Assist the Regional Occupational Health Nurse with planning, organization and completion of annual employee physicals.
- Manage and coordinate utilization of the landfill system, including all contracted companies.
- Develop policies and procedures intended to drive waste reduction and elimination.
- Incorporate the safety stand and safe improvements into all people-related initiatives.
- Live the Safety Stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree – in science and/or engineering
- 5+ years of prior safety and environmental leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Completion of the EHS Development Program or similar experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Software Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- E-Plan Software (Tier II Reporting Software)
- TRI-ME Web software (TRI Reporting Software)