Formula for Success: You Will…
- Maintain and monitor safety compliance programs for the site while optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- Manage written safety programs and procedures.
- Lead and support Safe Work Procedures, Safety Training, Hazard Recognition, Incident Investigations, Emergency Preparedness/Response, and General Safety Procedures and/or Programs.
- Participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of safety expertise needed.
- Prepare materials for shift safety meetings, and facilitate staff EHS meetings.
- Provide input to EHS Team Leader and interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Spend significant time in the manufacturing area engaging the production and maintenance staffs to reinforce EHS training, and ensure safety requirements are understood and followed.
- Interface with Site Leadership Team as needed to continuously improve safety programs and performance.
- Actively participate within the Company EHS Community.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
The total rewards that you receive as an employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - Our Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Undergraduate degree in an Engineering, Science or related discipline Progressive practitioner or consultative experience implementing safety programs in a manufacturing environment Safety regulatory expertise in an industrial hygiene and environmental field Professional safety certification (CSP, ASP) highly desirable Demonstrated ability to drive change, develop, implement and manage strategic and sustainable safety programs Ability to influence others in a dynamic manufacturing setting Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with employees and contractors within all levels of the organization Strong team working ability Ability to manage and lead multiple projects at one time Strong self-drive and time management skills