The Senior Electronics Engineer will perform the following:
- Duties include support of management and oversight of all working on E3 technical discipline, with particular emphasis upon High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) on strategic platforms, i.e. B1, B2, B52, B21, Presidential Aircraft, KC-46, as well as classified projects.
- Detailed experience tailoring contractual requirements for HEMP using MIL-STD-3023 and MIL-STD-2169 as applicable.
- Support with the development and instruction of SYS316 at the Air Force Institute of Technology when needed.
- Evaluate electronic carry-on equipment requirements and validation process.
- Develop guidance to integrate knowledge of MIL-STD-461A-G and MIL-STD-464 revs A, B and C including detailed understanding of the historical data and supporting material that was used to applications used and provide recommendations.
- Evaluate customer's requirements regarding applicable E3 aspects at Airworthiness Boards and support the USAF technical Airworthiness Authority and Avionics Tech Director, perform Safety Investigation Boards and Independent Review Teams when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is desired.
- Prior experience with NATO E3 standards experience is desired.
- At Least fifteen (15) years of experience in applied knowledge in the development, integration, test, deployment and sustainment of advanced avionics.
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge and experience in engineering theories, design/maintenance practices, and verification methods in Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3), which include Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Lightning, Radio Frequency Compatibility (RFC), High Power Radio Frequency (RF) Environments, Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), Static Electricity, and Electromagnetic Radiation Hazards to Personnel, Fuel and Ordnance.
- Selected applicant is required to have experience and qualifications in the development and application of Air Force acquisition policies, plans and programs, AF Airworthiness and Systems Engineering practices, as well as Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) policies, procedures and operating instructions.
- The selected candidate must have thorough knowledge of multiple DoD sources to include but not limited to AFI 91-208, MIL-HDBK-240 (HERO certifications), Airworthiness Advisory AA-16-01 (Aircraft Lightning Protection), MIL-HDBK-235, Electromagnetic Environments, DoDI 4650.01 and DD Form 1494 (Spectrum Certification).
- The position requires an individual with an active DoD Top Secret (TS) security clearance, obtained within the last five years.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com