Sr. FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) Design Engineer – Endicott, NY
Cyient is an acknowledged leader in engineering design services, design-led manufacturing, networks and operations, data transformation, and analytics. We collaborate with our clients to help them achieve more and together shape a better future. We call it Designing Tomorrow Together. Our industry focus includes aerospace, defense, rail transportation, off-highway & industrial, power generation, mining, oil & gas, communications, utilities, geospatial, semiconductor and medical technology. We align closely with the business needs, goals, culture, and core values of our clients. This reflects in the deep, long-standing relationships we have developed and sustained with some of the leading names in these industries. We employ over 17,000 people across 38 locations in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Our stock is publicly traded, and we have a sound track record of growth and profitability. We are committed to developing a sustainable society and actively promote education and inclusive growth initiatives in communities around us.
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard age, race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital or civil union status, disability, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, veteran status, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.
It is Cyients’ policy to comply with all relevant federal, state and local laws with respect to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of employment, including the terms or conditions of employment, recruitment, hiring practices, benefits, discipline and termination.
Responsible for developing and supporting FPGA/CPLD designs through all phases of design and system integration for high-reliability embedded aerospace and ground based vehicle systems applications.
- Perform activities such as requirements generation, design, RTL-synthesis, test bench development and design simulation, static timing and power analysis, and requirements based design verification.
- Prototype evaluation, design-to-cost tradeoffs, design reviews, qualification test support, system integration support, production and obsolescence support tasks.
- Maintain the desire to stay current in the continuously developing field and to expand knowledge base and skills in FPGA design and digital hardware engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8 years work experience
- 6+ years circuit design experience, with the demonstrated ability to design
- HDL-based FPGAs and CPLDs for aerospace applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital electronic devices and circuit design principles and experience using design/analysis tools, such as Timing Designer and Hyperlynx.
- Hands-on hardware build, test, and integration experience
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability, along with follow-up and monitoring skills
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Familiarity with FPGA integration into digital circuit card designs to ensure electrical integrity of FPGA design in embedded applications.
- 8 years work experience
- Up to 25% Travel
- Minimum Education: BSEE
- US Citizenship Required
- Design experience with Microprocessor/Microcontroller interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN bus ARINC-825, memory interfaces such as SDRAM controllers, Flash, SRAM; serial interfaces (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, RS422, RS485, AFDX ARINC-664) and FPGA design using Microsemi, Xilinx, Lattice, Altera, etc.
- Familiarity with RTCA/DO-254 hardware development objectives
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink for auto-generation of FPGA code
- Design tools such as Synplify and ModelSim
- Experience with high-speed Digital circuit card design, including part placement and routing, constraint generation, and signal integrity analysis.
- Emphasis on design-to-cost methodology