IT Associate Project Manager Senior
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) within the IT department is seeking two contractors to fill Associate Project Manager-Senior (APM Senior) positions to work on a large volume of small projects. These will be Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) platform projects that will vary in size and scope. Most will have a focus on technical infrastructure and require working with a variety of vendors software and hardware. These roles will require strong leadership and communication skills to run multiple visual-boards for these small work efforts.
APM Senior role is considered a junior PM position that handles projects of low to moderate duration, budget, scope, and risk in the context of a large IT department. Ideal candidates for the APM Senior role will have > 4 years' of hands-on experience managing IT projects. Candidates must have successfully delivered these projects through project closure.
In addition, candidates will have a proven track record and examples of:
Leadership Skill Competencies:
• Results Oriented: Managing quality, cost and speed of IT projects. Quality and achieving planned durations are critical.
• Highly Collaborative: Building a collaborative, productive team.
• Customer Engagement: Engaging and managing all relationships from within ETS, EPMO, enterprise IT teams (sponsor, developers, architect, QA) and Business sponsors.
• Effective stakeholder engagement: Detailed, immediate establishment of relationships. Maintain consistent communication both formally with reports and informally, by becoming a trusted advisor.
• Strong Communicator and Influencer: Great communication and motivational skills to manage a large, diverse team. Present and facilitate meetings to management, stakeholders, teams.
Technical Project Management Competencies:
• Scale: Management of small, medium projects (ask for budget, team size and scope).
• Type: Infrastructure, application development, etc.
• Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (SDLC), Scrum
• Tools:, MS Project, MS SharePoint, TFS
• Certifications: CAPM, PMP, Scrum (CSM, CSP)
• Planning: Specific examples in defining, estimating, scheduling, updating and reporting project deliverables and resources in a detailed fashion using a PM tool such as MS Project.
• Scope: All phases of project management from HLP (High Level Planning) to Execution to Roll-out. Must have managed at least one large project for a full cycle.
• Management: Working with stakeholders to help define and manage project scope.
• Risk management: Foreseeing risk and its impact to team members and project. Reporting formally and communicating to appropriate managers.
• Metrics: Formal reporting of risk management, measuring of baselines, budget, resource planning, and quality. Performance metrics and accountability: Burn down charts.
• Work force management: Formally managing a diverse team. Responsible for tracking of all time.
• Vendor management: SOW (statement of work), contract negotiation, POC (proof of concept).
• 3rd Party management: Remote resources, consultants.
• Change management: Implementation of large projects and the impact of environmental and cultural changes.
• Create and maintain artifacts: Project plans, schedules, budgets, risk, communication plans, status reports.
• Adaptive: Flexibility in assignments, teams. Open to movement and change within the EPMO.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in a business or IT discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Business Management) and a minimum of two years related work experience in leadership or project management positions in application development, process or infrastructure.
• In lieu of an Bachelor's Degree, a minimum of four years related work experience in leadership or project management positions in application development, process or infrastructure may be accepted.