We are looking for Sr Java Developers who are passionate about creating quality software and contributing to the success of a company committed to the highest quality, game-changing products. This is an exciting opportunity to build multiple products from the ground-up, in an exceptionally stable and fun environment.
Work in an environment where:
-Working with the latest tools and technologies including Big Data and Java 8.0.
-Small SCRUM teams wherein your input has nothing to do with your title or rank but everything to do with your engineering chops.
-Working with the best and brightest software engineers in Indiana!!
-Short feedback loops with product owners.
· Analyzing and conceptualizing the design of projects.
· Developing code in a collaborative environment with the latest open source tools.
· Work directly with product owners to conceptualize new features.
· Coordinating and/ or participating in design activity with other team members.
· Acting as a resource to test, design, and write code for production quality software.
· Keeping technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable.
· Providing technical direction and guidance to less senior staff.
The qualified Java Developer we seek will have 3-7 + years of relevant work experience, including:
· Advanced programming environments and concepts highly desired (e.g. J2EE, multi-threaded programming, high availability design etc.).
· Test Driven Development and Simple Design.
· Modern Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD and XP.
· Creating or being part of creating high availability large volume systems..
· Strong knowledge of: Java (you will be using Java 8.0 in this role!)
· Solid understanding of design patterns (Gang of Four)
· Exposure to Frameworks like Struts, Hibernate and Spring; and Code control system and build tools (Maven / Git)
· BS Degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with integrating with third party tools strongly desired.
· Knowledge and experiences with hadoop, hive and similar map-reduce technologies for Big Data processing a plus!
This opportunity is unlike any other in Central Indiana...a truly "must see" opportunity!! In addition to an amazing work environment focused on cutting edge technology and specifically geared towards software engineers, you'll receive some of the best benefits in the state!