Sr. Java Developer - Contract - Rye, NY - $70 per hour
Sr. Java Developer - Contract - Rye, NY
The role of the Sr. Java Developer is to collaboratively drive the development and support of our digital presence for AutoNation including high volume web and mobile sites. This person will develop and work in an Agile delivery model as well as provide review and guidance to other developers to ensure adherence to standards and best practices in the definition of technical requirements as well as design and development of the solution based on user stories.
* Involved in all aspects of Agile SDLC.
* Use SOLID development principles to deliver high quality.
* Mentor more junior developers.
* Perform peer code reviews.
* Interact with product owner and business representatives to determine and satisfy needs.
* Support production releases.
* Create and maintain technical documentation.
* Help to define enterprise standards for our new applications.
Sr. Java Developer Skills & Requirements:
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
* Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or similar field (or equivalent experience).
* 5+ years of experience developing mission critical and high throughput systems
* Experience building services utilizing Core Java utilizing frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Apache Camel
* Experience working with relational databases, e.g. MS SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora
* Experience with source controls such as GIT and SubVersion
* Experience producing and consuming SOAP/REST Web Services
* Application performance tuning and optimization.
* Analytical, problem-solving mindset.
* Self-driven with minimal supervision.
* Experience working on a production-critical system.
* Experience with ecommerce, retail, automotive, financing industries
* Experience with cloud systems such as AWS and Azure
* Familiarity with server and network configurations
* Familiarity with MicroServices
* Familiarity with Event Driven Architecture
* Experience with JMS systems such as IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, AWS SNS etc
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.