Aerotek Engineering is hiring for a Java/Groovy web application developer and technical leader to develop restful microservices in a Docker-based environment. The team is building an enterprise container-as-a-service platform based on Rancher and RancherOS. Our mission is to provide the best end-user-experience possible with customized platform capabilities.
The ideal candidate has a self-starter attitude and possesses a mix of technical skills from coding restful services in Groovy, to understanding the implications of a Linux runtime environment.
A track record building 12-factor apps including but not limited to using modern design principles of DRY, BDD, DI, REST and CI/CD are essential to fill the expectations of this role.
This growing team is dedicated to better the delivery of software development tools and services. They value collaboration, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for their mission.
* Develop custom Java/Groovy web -based applications
* Collaborate with architects and developers on design and planning
* Interpret high - level requirements and refine as agile -based implementation stories
* Be a flexible team player willing to learn new things and teach others
Skills and Experience:
* 8 + years developing Java/Groovy based applications (at least 4 years with Groovy)
* 4 + years developing RESTful APIs with JAX-RS
* 3 + years with Guice DI including JSR -330
* 3 + years using Dropwizard or its core technologies (Logback, Jetty, Jersey, Hibernate, etc.)
* 2+ years using Gradle (preferred) or Maven build tools
* Expertise applying 12 - factor app and BDD, DI, DRY principles
* Experience writing defensive code using standards such as JSR-305
* Strong knowledge of web architecture and technologies (HTTP/S, AJAX, JSON, CORS, etc.)
* Ability to create elegant and well - documented code without over -engineering
* Very strong communication and collaboration skills
* Strong analytical and problem - solving skills
* Knowledge of Docker high - level architecture and deployment models preferred
* Experience with OpenJDK8 preferred
* Experience with H2 or HSQLDB preferred
* Advanced degree in relevant field or equivalent education via career experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.