** MUST BE US CITIZEN **
This is an exciting time to join Client's Aerospace Engineering Learning group. This position will allow you to showcase your strategic and technical leadership abilities, while providing valuable support to our engineering communities.
Client Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier, designing, manufacturing and distributing of advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
The Senior Learning Specialist will be responsible for working with teams to help capture critical subject matter expert knowledge, and develop and implement programs that align the workforce with key business strategies and initiatives. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop Learning Plans to engage participants, address skills and knowledge gaps; identify and apply interactive learning methodology to address these gaps.
• Use of appropriate interviewing techniques during discovery, with all organizational levels to identify skill and knowledge gaps.
• Provides consultation regarding design, development and implementation of instructional strategies with clearly established objectives to capture critical subject matter expert knowledge.
• Create and structure content, to develop activities to support learning by incorporating adult learning principles, assessment techniques, appropriate integration of instructional technologies and best practices.
• Recommends the most effective training and development techniques for the type of knowledge to be captured and transferred.
• Assists employees in creating project milestones and completion timelines, and helps drive plan as needed to ensure success.
• Uses effective strategic planning methods, Competency and Instructional System
Design (ISD) Models.
• Assists in the implementation of organizational change initiatives.
• Follows, creates and implements programs that align employees with business goals.
• Identifies pockets of resistance and uses appropriate interventions to manage and alter resistance.
• Develops team building exercises and effective tools to deal with and resolve conflict within groups
• Diagnoses potential organization problem areas and provides recommendations to mitigate these issues.
• Captures metrics for data analysis for program performance measurement and reporting.
• Understanding of applied information architecture principles and methods.
• Communicates frequently and effectively with various project collaborators and stakeholders to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
• Bachelor's degree required in adult learning or related discipline, advance degree preferred.
• 5-10 years' Instructional System Design experience, designing, developing, technical engineering, training, computer-based/web-based and instructor-led instructional materials
• U.S. citizen only, no dual citizenship due to export restrictions and program requirements
• Excellent skills in Instructional System Design (ISD), adult learning and course/curriculum design.
• Experience working with Engineering and/or technical content is preferred.
• Excellent skills in organizational development, project management, technical writing, human resources and dealing with ambiguity.
• Experience with knowledge capture, knowledge transfer and knowledge management activities.
• Work independently and as part of a team, have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects to successful, on-time completion.
• Experience working with executives at high levels of the organization a plus
• Experience working in a global environment.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and teams in a virtual environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically written and oral communication skills and commitment to customer service.
• Ability to interpret client needs and produce instructional materials.
• Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and good understanding of eLearning software such as Articulate, Flash, Dreamweaver, Captivate, Live Meeting, synchronous tools, Photoshop applications.
* Please note that role will require some local travel (driving) to other Client Phoenix, AZ sites for team meetings and/or training purposes.
Worker will utilize TWB for weekly time reporting. Supplier should register in Fieldglass on behalf of worker as he/she will not need access to this system. It is imperative that the registration is completed as soon as possible after receipt of registration invitation. The Client manager is responsible for training the worker for time entry into TWB.
Opportunity for contract-to-hire based on worker performance, worker attendance and dependability and client business needs.
Follow requirements of position under job description and ensure candidate experience relates to that provided and experience is clearly identifiable on resume for client review. To start ASAP - If candidate is selected and able to start sooner than requisition the start date will be updated on work order as candidate is needed, sooner than later.
Any prior Client experience must be included on the submittal, including location, timeframe, reporting Manager, and status – direct, Consultant (PO), or contractor.