Title: Sr. Linux Programmer
Employment Duration: 6 Months
Employment Type: Contract
Location – Jersey City, NJ
C2C Pay Rate: $75 to $80 per hour
Mode of interview : Phone and In person
- Build and Deploy PTP compliance module, involved install Operating system, Install compliance module, and store the time drift to meet compliance need.
- Create an alerting system to measure and report of any time drifts
- The compliance module should be able to talk to Asset management systems and backend systems and automatically deploy and measure the drifts
- Create framework around compliance module to measure time drifts between GPS clocks and Linux servers
- Compile various Open source tools, rpms and automate the deployments of PTP modules
- Develop Python/C++/Java programs measure system clock drifts, Monitor and report issues
- Familiar with Object programming
- Troubleshoot PTP / NTP related issues
- Able to create RPM packages and deploy
- Experience with 10gig network cards (Solarflare, Mellanox, Myricom, Exablaze)
- Strong programming skills in Linux
- Develops and Establishes global framework for teams to operate within; encompassing all business lines
- Overarching Management of Linux and Solaris Infrastructure from strategy, design, document, plan, deploy, Implement, operationalize, capacity and lifecycle management of all hardware and software supporting Linux and Solaris Infrastructure across the enterprise for all lines of business.
- Develops and Manages vendor relationships for product roadmaps and emerging Linux and Solaris technologies
- Collaborates with Hosting, Network, Storage End User Engineering teams, Global Hosting Services teams and Cloud and DevOps on strategy design of the Linux and Solaris Infrastructure across all lines of businesses globally.
- Changes the Bank evangelist for adopting Gen3 technologies related to Linux and Solaris Infrastructure.
- Acts as primary IT liaison with multiple interfacing applications, third party vendors, IT Executives, and/or Project Managers.
- Provides direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of more junior staff.
- Manages detailed design phases for large projects / programs identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues.
What program/technology/software knowledge is essential for this role and in what capacity will the successful candidate be using it:
- Redhat Linux 5/6/7
- Solaris 10, 11
- Solarflare, Mellanox, Myricom and exablaze cards
- 10gig network troubleshooting tcpdump
- PTP/NTP low level packet capturing and measure time drifts
- PTPD2, Timekeeper & Linux PTP
Must Have Skills:
- Strong Linux Programming Skills
- Please note interview type(s): Hire off resume? Phone Interview? In Person interview? Phone interview followed by personal interview
- Mention if it will be one or more interviews: 2
- Interview time frame: Immediate
Is there any flexibility should the candidate have any pre scheduled required time off / vacations during the contract? NO
Will there be training provided (Y/N) N