Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them. The stories of impact emerging from the ecosystem of good powered by our solutions are one of the most powerful ways that Blackbaud can connect with our prospects and customers, inspire the social good community and show what is possible with a transformative partner.
The Sr. Manager, Evidence, Advocates and Storytelling, is responsible for catalyzing the potential of customer stories and evidence by driving our advocate marketing, customer storytelling and evidence programs.
You may be the right person for this crucial role if…. you’re passionate about the impact of storytelling and customer voice and skilled at recognizing and telling a great story. You are highly organized, an excellent communicator, relentlessly focused on impact, and know how to build programs and processes that scale, meeting needs in a cross-functional environment. You have the heart of a storyteller, the eyes of a journalist and the brain of a marketer. You understand what creates compelling evidence – from quotes to statistics to personal stories – and you can create an entrepreneurial strategy to source, share and measure impact. You’re a skilled manger, and you’re also energized by rolling up your sleeves to partner with and create solutions that strategically meet the needs of many stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
Manage the strategy and execution of Blackbaud’s advocate marketing program, customer storytelling, and
- Drive Blackbaud’s customer storytelling engine, understanding brand priorities and vertical and product marketing needs to develop strategy for sourcing and producing (with the support of content contributors) high-impact customer stories across all media. Ensure stories are translated into a variety of tools (PPT, PDF, customer showcase), that stakeholders have transparency into process, and that all targets are met.
- Lead the strategy to expand and maximize the impact of Blackbaud’s advocate marketing program, growing the group of Blackbaud “super-fans” and ensuring these relationships are leveraged in the highest impact way, including leading the strategy for Blackbaud’s customer reference program.
- Create a new, centralized customer evidence and statistics function and repository, building the strategy, process and governance model to source and equip the global organization with the best evidence and credibility proof-points to advance Blackbaud’s brand with customers and prospects.
- In partnership with the Market Readiness team, assess which customer story and evidence resources offer the highest ROI for sales and marketing and leverage these insights to inform production strategy.
- Lead governance model for story resources, ensuring that stories remain accurate, accessible and useful
- Lead cross-functional strategy to maximize our relationships with review sites and ensure that customer reviews are effectively leveraged across the company, working closely with product and vertical marketers, as well as Blackbaud’s director of brand enablement.
- Drive process to source and recommend stories and customer participation for major communication and marketing initiatives, events and other opportunities.
- Manage vendor relationships for our customer advocacy platform, reference database and customer voice/reviews partnerships.
- Work with Blackbaud’s Customer Operations team to ensure that the company is maximizing all sources of compelling story and impact content, and that customer participation in any marketing initiatives keeps the customer experience at the center.
What we'll want you to have:
- 10 years experience in marketing, communications, advocate marketing, or other related fields
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Outstanding written and verbal communicator
- Experience designing and implementing new organizational processes
- Experience with advocate marketing a plus with experience with Influitve and/or ROInnovation a bonus
- Experience in the social good community a plus
This position will report directly to the Director of Brand Strategy and is based in Charleston, SC.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.