Sr. Manager, Customer Care
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: ITSS (Information Technology Shared Services) Division, Customer Care Team
Location: Brisbane, CA
As part of the Customer Care management team within Hitachi America’s (www.hitachi-america.us) ITSS Division, this role will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations of a Client Support team for ITSS customers. Client support includes a wide range of services including desktop support, service desk, desktop engineering, PC data backup, hardware and software break-fix, Office 365, Video Conferencing and End-Point Security. The individual in this role will act as the leader of a geographically distributed technical team of IT support personnel comprised of employees and contractors. The manager will set operational priorities and provide direction to the team and oversee implementation of initiatives to provide high quality support to the customers. The role will also include working with vendors, partners and customer groups to identify and remediate defects in products/services. The manager will be responsible for setting operational goals, plans and schedules, closely monitoring the team ticket queue, driving issue resolution, and for ensuring successful achievement of goals within defined budgets. This role requires strong technical skills and operational management skills as well as a focus on defect reduction and quality of services. As a key champion for users, the manager will lead the team to provide high quality services to enable exceptional user support experiences.
• Manage a technical support team providing end user computing support to the ITSS customers
• Direct staff in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the desktop support and helpdesk organizations; this includes preventive maintenance and operator assignments
• Ensure that service provided meets and/or exceeds established standards
• Contribute to the design, testing, deployment, and support of a standardized desktop and laptop image consisting of the operating system and all supported applications
• Manage the configuration and deployment of all personal computers and peripherals
• Manage and improve standard operating procedures for information technology; including computer software and hardware, documentation, and databases within IT and other business departments where applicable
• Oversee desktop security including data integrity, file encryption, and related hardware/software
• Contribute to the management of PCs and mobile asset management procedures as part of the support process for the team. Ensure appropriate tracking so that asset dispositions on supported machines and loaners are known at any time
• Oversee the completion of customer initiatives/requests including planning & implementation of related projects
• Develop strategy for Client Devices and implement next generation computing solutions
• Work with Corporate IT in Japan as well as other Regional Headquarter IT functions to leverage information, strategy and resources to enable global solutions and compliance.
· A minimum of 7 years of experience in IT technical support roles with a strong IT technical background Desktop (Windows based) technologies including client, office applications, server, mobile solutions.
· A minimum of five years of experience working as a manager; should include:
o strong leadership skills with experience and ability to motivate and build high performing support teams; utilizing goal setting, metrics management/KPIs to drive service improvements and team morale
o demonstrated ability to be an advocate for team's needs and interests
o demonstrated ability to manage day-to-day operations of a technical customer support team
· Hands-on experience working with Service Now or similar ticketing system and working with ITIL framework/tools, aligning support processes with ITIL and analyzing workflow/metrics to drive solutions.
· At least three years of experience working with other service providers in implementing and integrating, leading edge IT solutions involving desktop, laptop, mobile technologies.
· Experience successfully applying strong analytical skills and process improvement abilities to identify defects and create operational efficiencies while meeting customer SLA’s.
· Experience administering the system functions including security policies and account management of Microsoft Windows
· Familiarity with security, Datacenter Infrastructure and Network optimizations to collaborate with other IT groups. Windows and ITIL Certifications are preferred.
· Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and balance important versus urgent tasks and guide team members accordingly. Must be self-directed and efficient with resources and time as well as persistent and dependable in meeting deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines, and regions with varying degrees of technical experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
· Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
· 20% domestic travel is required. International may be once/twice a year.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Travel Percentage: 20%